Sunday, February 23, 2020

Reading Plan for 2020


Reading: For me, not a sickness, but a compulsion, yes, a crutch, a staving against depression, and a mental savior. The flow of words is the flow of life. I wrote most of this late the other night when I should have been reading.

So, my reading plan for this year is simple--what it takes to get me there...

--Rusty Brown, after finishing The Recognitions

--Finnegans Wake again, after reading Finn Fordham and the rest of Tatsuo Hamada: Understanding Finnegans Wake

--Malazan again, after reading Erikson's "Deconstructing the Siege of Pale Aftermath Scene"

--Side trips into Emily Dickinson, Giles Goat-Boy, Ross Macdonald, Javier Marías, Malcolm Fox, Shakespeare...

--Mason & Dixon and Against the Day again, after Occupy Pynchon

Anything beyond these is gravy.

Thinking about the reading is not the reading.

Reading is not the thinking; it is the being.

No comments:

Post a Comment