Monday, January 13, 2020

Reading List, Week of 2020-01-12



Well, I finished it. I didn't know what I was in for when I requested this book from inter-library loan. I mean, I knew it was long (almost 1500 pages) but I was unprepared for its sheer weight (both metaphorical and literal--13 pounds!). See here and here for some page samples and a good description of what I got into. I think I followed it, mostly, but I don't know what I think about it. It's certainly more of a back-breaker than a page-turner, heh heh. Anyway, after that, I'm not going to shy away from rereading Finnegans Wake again!

Reading List 2020-01-13:

*Einsohn, Amy, and Marilyn Schwartz. The Copyeditor's Handbook, 4th ed. (started)
*Gabbert, Eliza. The Word Pretty (finished)
*Rankin, Ian. Rather Be the Devil (finished)
*Schmidt, Arno. Bottom's Dream (trans. John E. Woods) (finished)
*Deutsch, David. The Fabric of Reality: The Science of Parallel Universes and Its Implications (in progress)
*Piekut, Benjamin. Henry Cow: The World Is a Problem (in progress)
*Showcase Presents: Legion of Super Heroes, Vol . 2 (in progress)

No comments:

Post a Comment