Saturday, March 21, 2020

The Past Recaptured


I thought I had lost this forever! This is my original copy of the "Magic Juke Box" EP from my childhood: a strange and unsettling excursion into sleep and music, and of course the inspiration for the name I've given my iPods. The cover is long gone. The missing chunk also broke off long, long ago, way before I started using this in UYA. Place this on top of an album, put the needle in the missing chunk, and you've got a noisy loop. When I packed up all my records and moved back to Richmond from Boston, I couldn't find this among all the other UYA vinyl sources for turntable improvisations (a collection in and of itself) and I thought it gone forever. So imagine my surprise when I pulled out the album Hear the Beatles Tell All and out rolled Howdy Doody!

No comments:

Post a Comment