Monday, January 25, 2016

Reading List, Week of 2016-01-24



Rodger turned me on to this book over the holidays, and I am thoroughly enjoying it. The fascinating thing is how much DeSantis' advice applies to all music making (including improvisation) and not just electronic music production. I'm finding much to think about in terms of my own playing. I'll throw out some examples after I finish it. In the meanwhile, check out some selected chapters here.

Reading List, Week of 2016-01-25:

*Vaughan, Brian K., and Fiona Staples. Saga, Volume 4 (started/finished)
*Vaughan, Brian K., and Fiona Staples. Saga, Volume 3 (started/finished)
*Vaughan, Brian K., and Fiona Staples. Saga, Volume 2 (started/finished)
*Vaughan, Brian K., and Fiona Staples. Saga, Volume 1 (finished)
*DeSantis, Dennis. Making Music: 74 Creative Strategies for Electronic Music Producers (in progress)
*Vickers, Brian. Shakespeare, Co-Author: A Historical Study of the Five Collaborative Plays (in progress)
*Wallace, David Foster. Infinite Jest (reread/in progress)

1 comment:

  1. Man, I am so glad you are getting so much out of that book. You are right: so much of is applicable to non-electronic music with a bit of lateral thinking. Also, from an engineering perspective, there is a ton of insight into how recording/editing/mixing is a creative process in itself and can apply to just about anything, given the ease of digital manipulation. I really need to sit down and read the whole thing. I've just picked it up here an there looking for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete