Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Anthony Braxton at Duke



Let me tell you where I'll be this Friday: seeing the Anthony Braxton Diamond Curtain Wall Quintet at Duke University!! Woo-hoo!! To make this event even sweeter, last time I checked it was a quartet...which was totally fine, believe me...Mary Halvorson, Taylor Ho Bynum (I was lucky enough to see both of them with Braxton at the Kennedy Center in 2012), and Andrew Raffo Dewar. But, while checking the link to the show, I saw that they've added....Ingrid Laubrock!! Hot damn! She was at the Kennedy Center as well, and I can't say how excited I am to be seeing her again. This is going to be a helluva show!

So, if you happen to be there, be sure and say howdy...I'll be the slobbering fanboy idiot in the corner.

2 comments:

  1. Eagerly awaiting the report!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go: http://worldofabstractdreams.blogspot.com/2015/03/anthony-braxton-diamond-curtain-wall.html

      Delete