Thursday, April 24, 2014

Rodger Coleman & Sam Byrd: Cosmologies

Cosmologies cover art

I'm a little behind in getting this out there, but, hey, so it goes in the Land of No-Nose. Rodger has put up the files for our new release, Cosmologies, over on Bandcamp. If you keep up with Rodger's blog (and I hope you do), you've already read many details about this whole process, from the recording last Christmas to the mastering by Richard Dodd to the laqueur transfers, etc.  If not, here are a few posts if you want more details:

Recording
Mixing
Mastering
Laqueur transfers

So, yeah, the files themselves are available for download or streaming, and if you're into vinyl, there will be an actual record album, on 180-gram vinyl! I am extremely excited about this; it's certainly the best my drumming has ever been recorded, and I am happy with my playing. Rodger, as always, plays brilliantly--he's chock full of great ideas and has the power and chops to execute them. We definitely enter that "other better world" with these recordings, and Rodger's engineering is superb...it's warm, crystal clear, and massive. Please check it out and let me know what you think!

Note: the image above is not the final artwork for the cover; that's still forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment