Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Ringo in Richmond

Whoo-hoo! I saw my favorite drummer last night, and it was wonderful (and I say this in spite of all the AWB and Men at Work covers). Just breathing his air, yeah yeah yeah. He sounded great on drums, although I could have wished to hear him by himself rather than always doubling with Greg Bissonette (who also sounded great, to be fair). He opened up, standing down front, with a killer version of "Matchbox" followed by "It Don't Come Easy," then... "What Goes On"!!! What a thrill to hear him sing that! A hidden Beatles gem, and easily my favorite Ringo Beatle vocal. After he moved back to the drums, the highlights for me were "Boys" and "I Wanna Be Your Man"... yeah, the oldies. Also, it was surreal to hear Ringo playing drums on "Free Ride," of all things. I'm so thankful I got to see him. Big fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment