Sunday, January 12, 2014

End of the Year



As much as I love lists, I've decided not to compile any "best-of" lists for 2013. I'm basically out of it; I pursue my own interests, and only rarely do they seem to coincide with what comes out in the current year we're in (my book post will have one big exception!). This is another way of saying that I have little to no clue about what's gone on in the past year beyond my immediate, admittedly provincial interests. Instead, I am going to write up some reflections on what I've read, listened to, and watched the previous year. "End-of-the-year" lists are arbitrary anyway, but I do think marking the passage of time in some way is useful, and this time of year is as good a time as any.  So, keep an eye out for some posts that will outline what I've enjoyed in 2013--nothing deep here; just skimming. In the meanwhile, enjoy Eight Reasons Why We Love End-of-the-Year Lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment